What Is A Salt Lick?
Salt lick is a place where deposits of salt along with other essential minerals are found in nature and a large variety of animals (like cattle, wild animals and even those living on mountains visit the place for fulfilling their salt need. It is also known as mineral lick because it provides a range of essential minerals like phosphorus, sodium, calcium, iron, zinc, and trace elements to animals. Scientists have found out that animals have the ability to detect salt lick present miles away from them. It is thought that the hunters or early humans used the channels animals formed to natural salt licks and drinking holes as hunting paths. And furthermore, these salt licks and water routes are thought to have evolved into trails and eventually roadways for the later generations of human beings.
There are two types of salt licks:
1. Natural salt lick:
It is completely untreated and free of chemical additives, making it an organic and cost-effective animal nutrition. It is the source of supplying the essential minerals to animals for their healthy growth and output.
2. Artificial salt lick:
It is made by humans who make large deep holes in soil and then put inside the holes sea salt mixture which is then mixed with rain water and absorbed by the soil which is ultimately taken by animals. It is used in animal management as well as to attract and maintain wildlife for observation, photography, farming, and hunting.
Cattle Salt Lick Block:
Not only human beings need salt in their diet but animals need it as well. That is why our ancestors who were closer to animals did a lot of effort for providing their cattles, horses and other animals with the salt when they found their animals travelling to salt licks or salt springs. As we know from our ancestors the significance of salt for animals, because its deficiency can result in muscle cramps, a rough coat, lower feed intake, licking and chewing of random products, and decreased production. Dairy cows are the first to be affected by salt deficiency, and if left untreated for an extended period of time, they may collapse and die. Therefore, now a days many people are using lick salt blocks for their animals’ proper growth, increased dairy production and other benefits.
Pure salt is molded into blocks by manufacturers which is easy for cattles, horses, deers, pet animals, zoo animals, and others to lick and satisfy their needs. At Hub salt Premium quality Himalayan salt lick blocks are produced for your cattles, horses, pet animals, zoo animals, and others. It is made from the Himalayan rock salt obtained from the Khewra salt mines in Pakistan which is the purest rock salt on earth and also the healthiest as it contains traces of 84 essential minerals like calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium and others. Below are some amazing benefits of salt licks for animals so that you can understand why our ancestors were so keen for providing their animals with it.
- Salt lick block which contains around 84 nutrients, can help your animals’ neurological systems develop. This will help their nerve impulses to flow more freely, resulting in a better response from your cattle, especially those you ride!
- Everyone wants their cattle to be the strongest but not every knows its secret which is obviously the Himalayan salt lick blocks. It maintains the electrolytes balance in their body and help in muscular development. Thus, their productivity and efficiency are increased by stronger muscles.
- Dairy animals must have a proper salt intake to produce sufficient and good quality milk because the process of lactation consumes a lot of body’s salt causing its deficiency. It has been found the dairy animals provided with salt lick blocks yields on average 12.8% more milk than before.
- If you are observing some weird behavior in your cattle or animal like licking wood, chewing strange objects, and poor appetite. You should provide them with salt lick blocks as these are the symptoms of salt deficiency.
- Salt licks also plays an important role in harden the hooves of animals and giving a shiny look to their skin or fur.
- It also plays an important role in digestion in animals. Because the activation of amylase and the production of Hydrochloric acid (HCl) in stomach both require chlorine.
- It also helps in increasing their feed intake, overcoming idleness and drowsiness because of excessive loss of salt in hot and dry season.
- Salt Licks also aids in rumen fermentation of animals.
- Cattle owners use it for their animals as it plays a significant role in gaining weight by animals, giving them a string a bulky appearance.
- It also helps in the transportation of amino acids in body which are the building blocks of proteins one of the essential macromolecules of living things.
Where To Buy A Cattle Salt Lick?
Want to buy salt lick blocks for your cattle, pet animals, horses, zoo animals, and others. We guarantee you HubSalt is the best place for it. Premium export quality compressed Himalayan salt lick blocks are manufactured in a range of weights so that you can buy according to your space and need. At HubSalt you can buy Himalayan Salt lick blocks in four different sizes (2 Kg, 2.5 Kg, 5 Kg, and 10 Kg). You can hang the salt lick blocks over fences, trees, and can simply put them near their feed as they are weather resistant.
In the end from now on all of us who are the owners of animals in any form should take care of their salt need as sometimes animals harm themselves in the process of searching salt licks. Many animals are involved in traffic incidents when they assemble to lick salts collected on road surfaces near forests or natural salt licks. Also, the Himalayan salt lick blocks are the cost-effective way to add something healthy in animal’s diet. Want to buy a single block or in bulk for your cattle farm Hubsalt is the best place for both local and international buyers.