What Are Salt Lamps?
Himalayan salt lamps have been increasingly fashionable in recent years, and they can be found in spas and interior designers’ portfolios. Wondering seeing the word Himalayan? Yes of course the Himalayan Pink salt isn’t simply for dusting over dinner or soaking in a relaxing bath any longer. These lamps are composed of the very popular pink Himalayan salt pieces. The salt has a carved-out core where a light bulb or heat source can be placed and when the lamp is connected to a battery of source or electricity it gives of a reddish-pink light creating a warm and aesthetic ambiance.
Pink Himalayan salt is a type of salt rock crystal that is mined from the Khewra Salt Mines in Pakistan near the Himalayan Mounta in range. The pink tint of Himalayan salt is said to be owing to high mineral content. They’re inexpensive and easy to find for usage in the home. The release of negative ions into the air, known as air ionization, is one way that pink Himalayan salt lamps are said to work. According to other research, water vapor in the air holding contaminants and toxins is drawn to the rock’s surface. Toxins settle on the rock, leaving only pure water vapor in the atmosphere.
So, who came up with the idea that Himalayan salt lamps had any kind of health benefits? The tale has been passed down for millennia. The health benefits of the salt lamps are based on an age-old respiratory treatment approach known as speleotherapy, and nowadays clinically known as halotherapy. Because of their alleged therapeutic effects on your respiratory system, salt lamps have been advocated for use in therapies for illnesses including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Pros Of Himalayan Salt Lamps:
- They’re appealing and you can enjoy the way they look; they could be a good fit for your home.
- They generate a pleasant ambiance. They may contribute to the creation of a soothing environment in which you can relax.
- They may assist in limiting light in the evening. If you have trouble sleeping, utilizing dim lights in the evening may assist you in falling asleep sooner.
Health Benefits Of Himalayan Salt Lamps:
The highly aesthetic and trendy lamps made up of the purest salt on earth do have some amazing health benefits that make it worthy to decorate your home with. Some of the significant health benefits of Himalayan salt lamps are:
- It is believed that positive ions in the air cause anxiety, irritability, and other negative emotions. And the negative ones produced by the salt lamps are said to relieve tension, anxiety, and sadness, as well as increase overall well-being.
- Salt lamps are frequently claimed to improve your home’s air quality. They are promoted as being good for patients who suffer from allergies, asthma, or disorders that compromise respiratory function, such as cystic fibrosis.
- Another popular belief is that Himalayan salt lamps can improve one’s mood. Exposure to large quantities of negative ions in the air has been proven in animal tests to improve levels of serotonin, a mood-regulating hormone.
- Our bodies need and require negative ions because of their soothing and calming impact, which naturally aids you in the following ways:
- At night, you’ll sleep better.
- Feeling less tired.
- Headaches are less frequent.
- Relaxation levels that are higher.
- Congestion is reduced.
- An improved feeling of well-being.
Cons Of Himalayan Salt Lamps:
- Negative ionization, on the other hand, doesn’t truly eliminate pollutants from your interior air; instead, it causes them to attach to adjacent surfaces, where they’re easily stirred up by indoor activities such as cleaning, vacuuming, and ventilation.
- The negatively charged ions can also adhere to your respiratory tract, where they can settle in your windpipe and lungs, causing far more damage than if they remained in the air. These particles have been shown in studies to penetrate deep into the respiratory system, causing heart and lung problems.
- The most terrible effect of negative ionizers is that they can produce ozone in enclosed spaces. Indoors, negative ionization can produce tropospheric ozone, often known as smog or ground-level ozone, which forms when sunlight reacts with compounds near the ground, many of which are created by car exhaust and manufacturing smoke emissions. This ground-level ozone is far more dangerous when levels reach dangerous levels. One of the most striking examples of ground-level ozone is the smog that builds in large cities like Lahore during rush hour, which millions of people are familiar with.
- Ground-level ozone is a common element of modern life, yet significant study has shown that it causes a variety of acute symptoms, including coughing, wheezing, breathing problems, nose congestion, dizziness, arms and legs tingling, and fever.
- Although licking a salt lamp poses no risk of death because it is non-toxic. But is not encouraged because the lamps tend to collect dirt and contaminants during shipment and as a result of their natural purification process. Furthermore, pet animals licking the salt lamp may harm themselves from the heat and excessive consumption of sodium can be dangerous for their health.
Some Of The Best Places For Your Salt Lamps:
Interior designers, health practitioners, and marketers have selected some special places in your home to place the salt lamp to enjoy its ambiance and health benefits. That places are:
- Side tables of your bed are a good place to have a dim and soothing night light.
- In the lounge area or near a sofa or frequently sitting area.
- As a decorative piece on shelves, kitchen corridor anywhere you love to.
- Keeping it at your workplace can help in relieving stress.
Where To Buy A Salt Lamp?
At Hubsalt you will find export quality salt lamps made of pure Himalayan salt lamps craved into beautiful shapes and different sizes. The Finest wood of the country is used to manufacture its base and then finished with great care to make a unique lamp adding to the beauty of your home. You want to buy a salt lamp for your home décor, health benefits or even in bulk as a retailer Hubsalt is one of the leading manufacturers in both local and international markets.